Osteopaths and Physiotherapists

Question: I have tried several different practitioners. Peter, you want to try to avoid the bone-cracking type of osteopath – I always felt worse after seeing one of these! The sort of brisk lady who says “now, we’ll just twist your neck this way and it shouldn’t hurt”: it does! The thing is a practitioner should be prepared to tailor the treatment to the patient’s requirements. Look for an osteopath who is also trained in cranio-sacral therapy. I found that use of both osteopathy and CST techniques has enabled me to get back to work – after the purchase of a Maltron keyboard by my employer. Perhaps you could think about a Maltron? Or a Microsoft Natural keyboard, which is cheaper?

Answer: Does anyone know whether CHIROPRACTORS are any good with RSI? My wife suffers from “nursing back” (nothing to do with RSI) and has found over about 15 years that the only real relief she obtained was from chiropractic treatment – very expensive in the short term but she has hardly seen him in the last few years. As they go in for rather wider treatment (i.e. not just the injury site) I suspect they may be good at treating RSI too AS LONG AS YOU GET A GOOD ONE! I have to say that my main interest is in prevention rather than cure – I am a Safety Officer. (I don’t just “do” Radiation Safety). There are always people who get serious problems before complaining though and it would be of some use to know what others have found. I have been trying to get the University here to consider getting a Chiropractor in, say, twice a month (my first interest was for manual handling injuries) and it would be another point to bring to the issue if a chiropractor can also treat RSI.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.