Question: I am a sophomore, and I am currently researching the possibility that radiation may contribute to the cause of RSI. In order to make any conclusions, though, I need your help! If you could PLEASE fill out this survey and return it to me, I would be eternally greatful!
- Q1. What is your occupation?
- Q2. Do you work with any form of radiation?
- Q3. What is your Age?
- Q4. Have you ever experienced tenderness and pain in your forearms, elbows, wrists, or fingers while working?
- Q5. Have your hands or forearms ever swollen up during work?
- Q6. Have you ever had the feeling that you needed to massage your hands, wrists or arms?
- Q7. Have you ever had muscle spasms or weakness in your hands while working?
- Q8. Have you had any previous medical conditions (broken arm, wrist, fingers etc?)
- Q9. Do you own and operate a computer?
- Q10. If so, how many hours per day do you spend on it, on average?
- Q11. Do you play any sports? Musical Instruments?
Thanks so much!
Answer 1: Responses regarding your survey:
- Q1 Full-time Postgraduate student
- Q2 No
- Q3 38 years
- Q4-Q7 yes
- Q8 Yes, carpal tunnel syndrome, both hands
- Q9 Yes, using voice activated software
- Q10 2 hrs approx
- Q11 No
- Good luck with your studies
- Q1 I was a secretary? PA – had to give it up
- Q2 No
- Q3 55 years
- Q4 Yes – mainly left hand
- Q5 Yes – wrist, knuckles
- Q6 Yes
- Q7 Yes
- Q8 Tennis elbow in 1972, broken right wrist twice in childhood (I’m left handed), carpal tunnel op in 1996
- Q9 Yes
- Q10 As little as possible – a few minutes a day now
- Q11 No
Good luck with your studies.